Dr. Tomeka Roberts Joins Board of Directors of Healthy Women
Dr. Tomeka Roberts serves on the board of directors for Healthy Women, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing women with reliable health information. Healthy Women was founded in 1988 by Dr. Violet Bowen-Hugh, a physician who was concerned about the lack of accurate information about women’s health. The organization began as a 1-800 number that women could call for information about medical conditions they’d been diagnosed with and general health advice. Over time, the organization has grown to become one of the most trusted sources of health information for women, providing information on a wide range of topics, including:
- Healthy Women provides information on how to prevent common health problems, such as heart disease, cancer, and stroke.
- The website provides information on how to diagnose and treat common health problems, as well as information on new treatments and therapies.
- Healthy Women provides information on how to live a healthy lifestyle, including information on diet, exercise, and stress management.
In addition to its website, Healthy Women also offers a number of other resources, including:
- A bimonthly newsletter that provides information on a variety of health topics.
- Healthy Women maintains a database of resources, such as organizations, support groups, and online resources, that can provide women with additional information and support.
- Healthy Women is active on social media, where it provides information and updates on a variety of health topics.
Healthy Women is a valuable resource for women of all ages. The organization’s information is reliable, up-to-date, and easy to understand.