Dr. Tomeka Roberts “New Year, New Me” Giveaway Contest Rules
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. ELIGIBILITY: a. This contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. b. Individuals aged 13 to 17 may participate with parental or legal guardian approval, provided the parent or legal guardian is a legal U.S. resident, at least 18 years old. c. Employees of Dr. Tomeka Roberts Feminine Care, its affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries d. An individual who has won more than $500 in a Dr. Tomeka Roberts Feminine Care Contest or Sweepstakes in a particular calendar quarter is not eligible to participate in another Dr. Tomeka Roberts Feminine Care Contest or Sweepstakes in that quarter, unless otherwise specified. e. An individual who has won another contest or promotion from Dr. Tomeka Roberts Feminine Care within 30 calendar days before the Contest date or at any time during the Contest period is ineligible to participate or win. f. Entrants may not use an assumed name or alias (other than a screen name where a contest involves use of a social media site). g. Contests are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. h. Participation in a Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest or Sweepstake. i. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein and any separate specific rules for individual contests.
3. HOW TO ENTER: a. To enter the contest, upload a video to your Facebook or Instagram account. b. The video must be at least 30 seconds long but no longer than 2 minutes. c. In the video, share your personal New Year’s resolution or goal for self-improvement.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: a. Videos must be submitted within the contest period, which begins [start date] and ends [end date]. b. Ensure that your video is set to “public” and include the contest hashtag [#] in the video description or caption. c. Inappropriate or offensive content will result in disqualification.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND ODDS OF WINNING: a. Contest winners will be determined according to the Sponsor’s sole and exclusive discretion. b. Odds of winning a Contest prize depend on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Contest Period. c. The winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and will be awarded the prize subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules or the specific Contest rules. e. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of Contests and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Any protest in the conducting of the contest, the selection of the winners, or the awarding of prizes must be made within three days of the conclusion of the contest; the resolution of any protest shall be in the sole discretion of Sponsor, whose decision shall be considered final.
6. NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: a. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. b. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and/or the Office Rules of the specific Contest, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. c. The potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date the Contest concludes. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification may result in disqualification. d. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to provide the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. e. In the event that the potential winner of a Contest prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries or other means chosen by the Sponsor and indicated in the particular contest rules.
7. PRIZES: a. Prizes and their approximate retail value vary based on the specific contest. b. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. c. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. d. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded and is specified in these Official Contest Rules..
8. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE: a. By entering a Contest, each participant agrees to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules, the Office Rules of the specific Contest, and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to any Contest. b. Participants release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers, and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising, or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye, or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in a Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), and/or the broadcast, exploitation, or use of entry. c. Participants also indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use, or misuse of the prize.
9. PUBLICITY: a. Participation in a Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law. b. Winners may be required to sign a separate publicity waiver and/or release upon collecting a prize.
10. CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT: a. If the entry for the Contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer-created content, by submitting your entry: i. You agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited, and without restriction and will not place Sponsor or its Contest partners under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. ii. You acknowledge that, by the acceptance of your submission, Sponsor and its contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or its partners, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you. iii. You are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material, and that no third-party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, or, to the extent that any third-party ownership rights exist, you have obtained all necessary licenses and/or clearances to use such third-party content. iv. You are hereby granting Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed, and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose. b. All Content submitted must conform to the additional submission requirements set forth as follows to be eligible: i. Content must comply with these Official General Rules, the rules of the specific contest, and any Terms of Service on the Sponsor website. ii. Content must be uploaded/submitted in the format specified and must comply with the posting requirements set forth above and as posted on the Sponsor website. iii. Content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional, or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity. v. Content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), and cannot promote or portray any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message. iv. Content cannot be offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group. vi. Content cannot defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging, libelous, or misleading remarks, comments, or material about the Sponsor, any of their respective products and/or services, or about any other people, products, or companies. viii. Content cannot infringe on or violate any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, right of publicity, or other intellectual property, proprietary, or contractual right of a third party and cannot contain any personal identification such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses, or street addresses, other than entrant’s. ix. Content cannot advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission. x. Content cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media) without permission (Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant, except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor, is grounds for disqualification from the Contest. Therefore, do not copy your favorite movie, book, or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music, or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness, or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your content and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor and Contest Entities). xi. Content shall not include any background artwork, unless it is an original work of the entrant (any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in the Content must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein). xii. The Content cannot be abusive or harassing towards any individual or group of individuals regarding race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any legally protected classification (which includes, but is not limited to, epithets or slurs, threats, intimidations, or hostile acts). xiii. Content cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission. xiv. Content cannot communicate any messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate. xv. Content cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. xvi. The Content must be socially acceptable and in good taste, CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WAS NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND IS THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.