Delivering quality care with both in-office obstetrics and gynecologic ultra sounds in Birmingham
We offer patients in the Birmingham area the convenience of obstetric and gynecologic ultra sounds in our office. Our team is highly skilled and has years of experience working with the latest in technology to provide you with the highest level of service.
Obstetric ultrasounds give us (and you) the first look at your developing baby. This can help us determine due date, evaluate the anatomy, and make sure that everything looks okay within the uterus. Obstetric ultrasounds are safe, non-invasive, and painless.
They are typically done at the following times:
- Between 6 and 12 weeks of pregnancy to establish a due date
- Between 10 and 13 weeks of pregnancy; this is called the First Trimester Screening and is optional
- Between 18 and 22 weeks of pregnancy; this is called the Detailed Anatomic Screening and is performed in all pregnancies
Obstetric Ultrasounds can be used for many reasons including:
- Confirmation of the pregnancy
- Monitor the baby's growth, age, and gender
- Monitor the development and location of the placenta
- Identify, diagnose, and monitor and fetal abnormalities
These ultrasounds are used to evaluate and identify any potential issues within the uterus, fallopian tubes, or ovaries. They can typically be completed in less than thirty minutes. A clear gel is applied to the abdomen while the patient lays on the examination. In some cases, a transvaginal ultrasound may be needed. These are commonly used to take a better look at the cervix or placenta early in a pregnancy.
Ultrasounds do not require any advanced preparation. Patients may opt to wear comfortable or loose fitting clothes. Most ultrasounds require a full bladder to be most effective. This is not necessary for those during late pregnancy or transvaginal ultrasounds.
We believe that offering the convenience of in-office ultrasounds helps us deliver superior quality comprehensive care to our patients in the Birmingham area. We offer our patients both 3D and 4D ultrasound technology. To find out more about the services we offer, or to schedule a consultation, call us at (205) 451-0753.
Back to Office Ultra-sounds Home Page
- Uses of Ultra Sound in Obstetrics Birmingham - Birmingham area residents ask, "Why is ultra sound used in obstetrics?"
- Ultra Sound in Obstetrics Birmingham - Delivering quality care with both in-office obstetrics and gynecologic ultra sounds in Birmingham
- Benefits of Ultra Sound Birmingham - The benefits of ultra sound in diagnosing an ectopic pregnancy for Birmingham women
- Ultra-Sound Birmingham - Why might a gynecologist in Birmingham suggest an ultra-sound?