Tomeka Roberts M.D.
Reviewed by Nerisia
Dr. Roberts is so wonderful. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a great OB/GYN that is caring and loving and enjoy what they do. She is very patient and kind and always make sure that you are feeling okay before you leave her office. The nurses are awesome as well. Dr. Roberts has a great crew working with her. I enjoyed my treatment there during my entire pregnancy.
It is our view that part of providing our patients with the level of care they need and deserve is to create a comfortable and convenient environment where they can receive certain tests and treatments without having to travel elsewhere. Therefore, we have assembled those little extras that will make your life easier.
Ultrasound is a diagnostic tool used by many physicians, especially those who safely and effectively examine the particulars of a developing fetus. We use ultrasound technology to confirm pregnancy, and to monitor growing babies as their mothers move closer to their delivery dates. Ultrasound is not a tool reserved just for pregnancy-related monitoring, though. We may also use this diagnostic testing for the evaluation of gynecological symptoms, as ultrasound provides a clear view of those organs inside the pelvic area, including the ovaries, uterus, bladder, cervix, and fallopian tubes.
Ultrasound is a form of imaging in which a specific area of the body is exposed to high-frequency sound waves. These waves echo off of internal organs, and subsequently produce an image of what is inside. These images are captured in real time, allowing us to see the body in motion, to include blood flow to and from the area being observed. Some of the reasons an ultrasound may be recommended include:
- Determine the cause of pelvic pain
- Locate an intrauterine device
- Determine the root of vaginal bleeding
- Evaluate size and shape of ovaries
- Confirm uterine pregnancy, rule out ectopic pregnancy
There are two specific benefits that come from our in-office ultrasound technology:
- Our patients do not have to travel to an unfamiliar facility, deal with a practitioner they do not know, and have outside physicians read their images.
- It is far more convenient and comfortable to have the greatest extent of testing and treatment performed under one roof. Our obstetric patients, in particular, enjoy receiving all necessary care within our office.
Our goal is to provide you with the level of compassionate care you can feel fully comfortable with. In our office, you can benefit from 3D and 4D ultrasound technology.
Contact us to schedule your appointment or to learn more about our services.
- Uses of Ultra Sound in Obstetrics Birmingham - Birmingham area residents ask, "Why is ultra sound used in obstetrics?"
- Ultra Sound in Obstetrics Birmingham - Delivering quality care with both in-office obstetrics and gynecologic ultra sounds in Birmingham
- Benefits of Ultra Sound Birmingham - The benefits of ultra sound in diagnosing an ectopic pregnancy for Birmingham women
- Ultra-Sound Birmingham - Why might a gynecologist in Birmingham suggest an ultra-sound?