Dr. Tomeka Roberts helps patients manage and overcome infertility
Making the decision to have a baby is a life-changing and exciting moment. Most patients think that after they make that decision having a healthy pregnancy is as easy as stopping birth control. Although it's a simple for some women, pregnancy for others can take months, a year, or even longer.
Patients who want to be pregnant, but who are having trouble conceiving, can feel a variety of emotions. From frustration and anger to grief and jealousy, many women who have battled infertility say it's an emotional roller coaster. The first thing that Dr. Tomeka Roberts tells her patients is that it's OK to feel whatever they're feeling. Infertility is challenging and can wreak havoc on patients' personal and professional lives. Patients shouldn't feel guilty about the emotions they're feeling.
The second piece of advice the doctor will share is to get help. If you've been trying to conceive for more than a year with no success, it's important to seek out treatment. Medical and technology advances have been helping patients achieve a healthy pregnancy. Starting with your gynecologist, discuss your family planning goals and concerns.
A trusted gynecologist can schedule you and your partner for testing to determine if there's a medical reason preventing you from becoming pregnant. Your process will begin with an in-depth evaluation of your medical history, followed by various testing procedures. The exact order of events and tests will be determined by your individual personal and family health history.
While testing may not sound like fun, it's an important step in determining what is preventing your ability to conceive. If a problem is identified it can be addressed. Some common factors that cause patients to have trouble conceiving include problems with the reproductive organs, cervix, fallopian tubes, or inability to ovulate. Once the cause is determined, treatment can often be performed. Treatment can include medication to trigger ovulation, surgery to fix reproductive organ issues, artificial insemination, or even surrogacy.
If you want a baby and pregnancy isn't coming easily, don't simply wait with growing frustration every cycle. Seek treatment from Dr. Roberts or Dr. Jones at our Birmingham office.
Back to Home Page
- Best Gynecologist Birmingham - Dr. Tomeka Roberts answers some common questions about menopause
- Gynecologist in Homewood - What young women can expect during their first visit and examination with a gynecologist in the Homewood area
- Dr. Tomeka Roberts - Dr. Tomeka Roberts helps patients manage and overcome infertility
- Gynecologist in Birmingham - Gynecologist in Birmingham explains the importance of gynecology care for teens
- 35209 Gynecologist - Gynecologist in the 35209 area helps patients achieve weight loss
- Gynecology Services in Birmingham - Dr. Tomeka Roberts offers a range of gynecology services for patients in Birmingham